Resolving Tax Disputes With The IRS
Some tax problems can be solved by filing bankruptcy, but many cannot. At the law firm of Jeffrey M. Rosenblum, P.C., we offer a free initial attorney consultation to discuss your situation. We have offices in Westchester, Nassau and Suffolk County, as well as Brooklyn and London, UK.
Helping You Deal With Tax Assessments, Liens And Debts
Our lawyers represent individuals and corporations in their tax law needs, including tax planning, tax audits and criminal tax investigations. We also assist our clients in minimizing fines and obligations through tax appeals, offers in compromise and payment plans. Here are examples of the types of tax issues we handle for individuals:
- IRS tax audits: Your attorney can be more objective when presenting your point of view.
- Criminal tax charges: These cases often involve charges of tax fraud for filing false returns.
- Innocent spouses: If we can prove that you weren’t aware of your spouse’s actions, you won’t be held criminally or civilly responsible.
- Nonfilers: We can help people who have not filed taxes for some time become current again.
- Voluntary disclosure practice: We can help you avoid criminal prosecution for undisclosed foreign/offshore accounts, obtain amnesty for failure to report foreign income and file a Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts (FBAR).
An experienced tax lawyer can do many things to deal with the IRS such as tax appeals, offers in compromise and possible discharge of personal income taxes by filing bankruptcy. We can also work with the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service, which may assist when an IRS appeal fails.
Free Attorney Consultation
For a free initial consultation with an experienced tax lawyer, call 866-394-2661 or fill out the contact form on this website. Attorney Jeffrey Rosenblum is a former law clerk to the chief judge of the U.S. Tax Court in Washington, D.C., and was a tax and estate partner for midsized New York City firms for more than 15 years.
We are a debt relief agency. The law firm of Jeffrey M. Rosenblum, P.C., helps individuals and business owners file for bankruptcy relief under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.